ALEKS is a computer based math program that is individualized to every student depending on his/her math abilities. Every child is assessed and then given a “pie” that is specific to his/her needs. Students should work on ALEKS every as homework time be make sure that they are on track for completing the required course.
Click here for the ALEKs link.
The darker area of the pie is what you already know, the light shaded area is what you still need to learn.
- Our math tests will be on https://ypics.illuminatehc.com/login
- QuickRoster testing link, only use this link when you are specifically directed to by Ms. Garcia.
For extra support…and just for fun! 🙂
- If you’re looking for extra support in your ALEKS Algebra Pie, check out the videos and resources that KHANAcademy.org has to offer.
- KhanAcademy.org is an amazing (FREE) website with short videos and practice problems. Use it whenever you are bored or need a little extra support.
- Exponents Jeopardy Game is a short fun game where you can practice evaluating exponents, equations with exponents, and exponents with fractional bases.
- Different types of math games can be found at: http://www.math-play.com/Middle-School-Math-Games.html